Okay, so this isn’t really a tale, but I like to rhyme. Everyone knows I love me some good kale salad. This is my all time favorite kale salad recipe. I am hoping to try this one with the kiddos tomorrow at garden club because our kale in the garden is getting big!!!
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (or really any kale of your choice)
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- 1 clove garlic minced (when I am not making this for/with kids, I add twice the amount of garlic hehe)
- 1 tsp. red hot chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan (can always add more or less)
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (almonds work well)
- Wash kale & remove large white stems-retain leafy part.
- Chop kale finely from top to bottom of leaves.
- Add olive oil, garlic, lemon, hot pepper flakes and chopped nuts with kale in large salad bowl-mix thoroughly.
- Add salt to light taste. Mix in cheese. Add more salt if necessary.
- Share and enjoy!
Yay for summer and delicious food!