Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness Initiative (NEIFFI) is pleased to announce 22 Early Childhood Mini-Grant Awards to local Preschool Schools.
These $100 mini awards will be used to support Farm to Early Education in the classroom. NEIFFI has re-granted this funding from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation Early Childhood Grant towards these mini grants.
The awards will be used in a variety of ways to connect preschool age children to where their food comes from and introducing healthy eating habits.
Congratulations to each of the following awardees:
- Theresa Knutson, TLC New Hampton
- Amanda Madery, TLC New Hampton
- Tiffany Bredman, TLC New Hampton
- Sara Converse, Turkey Valley Preschool
- Michelle Tlusty, Turkey Valley Preschool
- Jackie Rochford, Sunrise Preschool St. Joseph’s, New Hampton
- Caroline Erickson, Central Preschool, Elkader
- Kelli Baumler, Central Preschool, Elkader
- Sonia Bockoven, Westside, Decorah
- Clarissa Einck, Westside, Decorah
- Rachel Hanson, Westside, Decorah
- Melissa Johnston, Westside, Decorah
- Nicole Gray, MFL Mar Mac Preschool, Monona
- Emily Welper, MFL Mar Mac Preschool, Monona
- Elizabeth Wolfe, St Mary’s Preschool, Guttenberg
- Jill Roffman, West Elementary Preschool, Waukon
- Darcy Wemark, Sunflower Preschool, Decorah
- Carolyn Robinson, Sunflower Preschool, Decorah
- Tami Vagts, Hippity Hop Preschool, West Union
- Samantha Gage, West Central Preschool, Maynard
- Christine Gowdy-Jaehnig, NE Iowa Montessori School, Decorah
- Kelli Knickerbocker, Little Star Preschool, Arlington
Thank you to all of these devoted teaches for applying for the award and implementing Farm to Early Care and Education into their classrooms to connect children to local foods and learn more about our food system.