Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness Initiative awarded Early Childhood Mini-Grant Awards to local Preschool Schools. The funds come from the WK Kellogg Foundation Early Childhood Grant.
These $200 mini awards will be used to support Farm to Early Care and Education in the classroom with priority to gardens and local foods.
The awards can be used in a variety of ways to connect preschool age children to where their food comes from and introducing healthy eating habits.
Thank you to everyone who applied. Those awarded are the following:
- Jolene Rosonke, TLC New Hampton/New Hampton CSD
- Sara Converse, Turkey Valley Preschool /Turkey Valley CSD
- Michelle Tlusty, Turkey Valley Preschool/Turkey Valley CSD
- Caroline Erickson, Central CSD
- Kelli Baumler, Central CSD
- Katy Hafner, Westside Decorah/Decorah CSD
- Clarissa Einck, Westside Decorah /Decorah CSD
- Rachel Hanson, Westside Decorah/Decorah CSD
- Emily Kullen, Westside Decorah/Decorah CSD
- Melissa Johnston, Westside Decorah/Decorah CSD
- Nicole Gray, MFL Mar Mac Preschool Monona/ MFL Mar Mac CSD
- Northeast Iowa Montessori School, Decorah
- Sunflower Child Development Center
- 4 Year Old Preschool – Darcy Wemark
- 3 Year Old Preschool – Dee Christophersen
- Katie Reth, Berry Tender Care Preschool Strawberry Point
- 4 Year Old Preschool – Katie Reth
- 3 Year Old Preschool – Katie Reth
- Kathleen Bonjour, Hippity Hop Preschool