The Iowa Nutrition Network School Grant Program supports nutrition education in after-school and summer-school settings as well as in tandem with the Summer Food Service Program.
They use the Pick a Better Snack curriculum for their nutrition education and taste-tests. But when it comes to gardening, there is no required curriculum.
Here is a list of garden curricula that are consistent with the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans or are from the USDA or evidenced-based programs.
- Dig In! (Team Nutrition, 5th-6th grades)
- Great Garden Detectives (Team Nutrition, 3rd-4th grades)
- Summer Food, Summer Moves (USDA)
- Sowing Seeds for Healthy Kids: Garden-based Nutrition Education in 6 Lessons (scroll down)
- LA Sprouts
- Growing in the Garden (ISU Extension and Outreach)
- Iowa Farm to School Toolkit: Food and Garden-Based Education
- SNAP-Ed Connections (click curricula and lesson plans)
- Summer Food, Summer Moves (USDA curriculum)